It’s pancake day! Time to put away the chocolate spread and ice cream in favour of a nice healthy alternative.
Serves 2, makes 4
Mixing bowl, fork, whisk, non-stick frying pan, chopping board, knife, teaspoon
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Fruit of your choice e.g. handful of strawberries or blueberries
- Low-fat natural yogurt
1. In a bowl, mash 1 large, ripe banana with a fork until it resembles a thick purée.
2. Stir in 2 beaten eggs and a pinch of baking powder.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or pancake pan over a medium heat and brush with ½ tsp oil.
4. Using half the batter, spoon two pancakes into the pan, cook for 1-2 mins each side, then tip onto a plate. Repeat the process with another ½ tsp oil and the remaining batter.
5. Top the pancakes with fruit and extra optional toppings to serve.